A Fox Tale

Photograph by Bjorn Anders Nymoen , National Geographic Your Shot

"I was in Svalbard staying in an old trappers' cabin," writes Your Shot contributor Bjorn Anders Nymoen . "I was on my way to go out fishing in a nearby lake when I suddenly got this follower. I had forgotten my wide-angle lens back in the cabin, and after a while he was actually too close. I wanted to catch the colors of the flowers and take advantage of my 300mm lens, so I lay down on the ground to get a nice depth of view."

Nymoen, whose shot was a Daily Dozen selection, has been working with Arctic wildlife for 20 years. "I'm still fascinated when animals just pop up while you're changing a lens, charging batteries, and so on. Everything is unpredictable, and that's what I love about the Arctic."

This photo was submitted to Your Shot . Check out the new and improved website, where you can share photos, take part in assignments, lend your voice to stories, and connect with fellow photographers from around the globe.