Come Dancing

Photograph by Visarut Teerawatvichaikul , National Geographic Your Shot

The light and shimmer of the Starlight Room at San Francisco s Sir Frances Drake Hotel absorbs a couple moved to dance the tango. I heard the tango music while I was setting up my camera on a tripod, writes Your Shot member Visarut Teerawatvichaikul, who visited the lounge while at work on a school project. Suddenly, I saw one couple run up to the dance floor. They danced like a shadow among the stars. I was watching them dance for a while, and I felt like time was paused in that moment between me and them, so I took a shot.

Teerawatvichaikul s photo was recently published in the Street Photography assignment.

This photo was submitted to Your Shot, our storytelling community where members can take part in photo assignments, get expert feedback, be published, and more. Join now