The Brightest Smile in Town

Photograph by Gregor Pirih , National Geographic Your Shot

A street performer and a picture of Ray Charles meet in a window in the small town of Nova Gorica in western Slovenia, home of Your Shot member Gregor Pirih, who came upon this scene while taking a walk. Pirih stopped and listened for a while before taking out his camera and hunting for the serendipitous angle captured here. He then waited to include a passing woman. I wanted to have a good street atmosphere [in] my photo, he writes. I fired off a few frames, and I knew immediately that I just took the photograph I was hoping for.

Pirih s image was published in the Street Photography assignment .

This photo was submitted to Your Shot, our storytelling community where members can take part in photo assignments, get expert feedback, be published, and more. Join now