Mountains, Chile

Photograph by Richard Duerksen , Your Shot

"We have mountains," my wife said as she shook the bed. We were staying in a B&B; on the edge of Chile's Torres del Paine National Park. There was only fog instead of mountains. I set up my cameras anyway and pointed them toward the park. Art happens when light and shadows play on granite and snow.

What Makes This a Photo of the Day? I had several dramatic landscape photos in my initial edit all stunning mountain faces with gorgeous light but the caption for this one was the tiebreaker. I love hearing a little more about what was going on at the moment. Alexa Keefe, Photo of the Day editor

This photo and caption were submitted to Your Shot . Check out the new and improved website, where you can share photos, take part in assignments, lend your voice to stories, and connect with fellow photographers from around the globe.