Light at the Museum

Photograph by Jason Maloney , National Geographic Your Shot

"When I shoot street photography, I'm always looking for interesting light, juxtapositions, and emotions that will make a good picture," says Your Shot member Jason Maloney . "I was drawn to the background in this photo, as it is a well-known piece of Denver on the outside of the Denver Art Museum."

Maloney says the sliver of light looked very dynamic. "I felt it would make a great photo. I wanted to wait for just the right moment, though, and after a few passersby and groups of people, I saw this single man walking along."

Maloney's picture recently appeared in Your Shot's Daily Dozen .

This photo was submitted to Your Shot . Check out the new and improved website, where you can share photos, take part in assignments, lend your voice to stories, and connect with fellow photographers from around the globe.