Salar de Uyuni Sunrise

Photograph by Hideki Mizuta , National Geographic Your Shot

No wind, no sound it was a very calm morning, writes Hideki Mizuta , a member of our Your Shot community who captured this image at Bolivia s Salar de Uyuni. I joined a sunrise tour at 2 a.m., first seeing a star-filled sky, and then early in the morning, around 5 a.m., this scene appeared through the window of the car. I ran out in a hurry. It was an amazing view that I couldn t put into words. I thought, I want this scene all to myself, and walked away from people and took this photo in absolute silence.

Mizuta s picture recently appeared in Your Shot s Daily Dozen .

This photo was submitted to Your Shot . Check out the new and improved website, where you can share photos, take part in assignments, lend your voice to stories, and connect with fellow photographers from around the globe.