Winter Hues

Photograph by Sajad Rafeeq , National Geographic Your Shot

Photographing on a foggy morning near Pampore, India, Your Shot member Sajad Rafeeq waited half an hour for a passing train to complete his composition. I had reached a village and a few kids guided me to a canal, Rafeeq writes. It s surrounded by poplar trees on both sides, and as soon as I reached it, I saw their beautiful symmetry and also spotted the railway bridge. I framed the composition while having in mind the train that had yet to come.

Rafeeq s picture recently appeared in Your Shot's Daily Dozen .

This photo was submitted to Your Shot . Check out the new and improved website, where you can share photos, take part in assignments, lend your voice to stories, and connect with fellow photographers from around the globe.