Trunk Show

Photograph by Ashwati Vipin , National Geographic Your Shot

I ve had a keen interest in wildlife from the time I was a little kid feeding the neighborhood elephant lots of bananas and plums at my grandma's place in Haridwar, India, writes Your Shot member Ashwati Vipin , who captured this tussling pair at the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust in Nairobi National Park, Kenya. The trust rescues and rehabilitates orphaned elephants and rhinos. [They] held a short event where they brought out their resident elephants and discussed their history, feeding habits, and the state of elephant conservation. Meanwhile, the elephants went about playing and feeding. I knew I could not miss this opportunity to photograph [these two].

This photo was submitted to Your Shot . Check out the new and improved website, where you can share photos, take part in assignments, lend your voice to stories, and connect with fellow photographers from around the globe.