Garden, Cape Town

Photograph by Albena Willuweit , My Shot

What inspired me to take this photograph was the light. As an artist (and enthusiastic photographer) I have always been fascinated by the warm, golden, late-afternoon light. During the spontaneous moment when I took the photograph, the light was reflecting off the surface of the lush plants and the water droplets (from the irrigation system), causing everything to shimmer. I chose a high shutter speed and a low angle of view, isolating the plants and water droplets against the plain, dark background of the tarred road.

The photo was taken in my home s backyard, Cape Town, South Africa. Albena Willuweit

(This photo was submitted to My Shot.)

Get tips on photographing familiar places » See pictures of South Africa shot by our community »