The Village

Photograph by Gabor Dvornik , National Geographic Your Shot

This little lake is a part of my life, writes Your Shot member Gabor Dvornik , who lives half a mile from its location on a natural reserve in Sz dliget, Hungary. I shoot here nearly every month, sometimes every week. It has a very special air in every season, but to have a nice, misty day is rare, as wind is always present due to the nearby Duna River.

Seeing the fog during a last glance outside the night before, Dvornik slept only three hours to make it to the lake for a dream shoot. It was utterly ghostly and very moody out there, he writes. I felt like I was in a fantasy tale, in an enchanted land. I was so euphoric that I made around 500 captures and walked around the lake two to three times.

This photo was submitted to Your Shot . Check out the new and improved website, where you can share photos, take part in assignments, lend your voice to stories, and connect with fellow photographers from around the globe.